Tips for the FUTURE
- Omni wheels can be purchased from Vexpro or from AndyMark (Studica in Canada)
- If ordering from Studica, get the number from the AndyMark site first and then search for it at Studica
- Be careful not to order the Omni Tetrix wheels, they are for a smaller robot system
- Each brand of Omni wheels has their own system for interfacing to hardware
- Suggest 4" in diameter
- If we are running our robot forward in the lengthwise dimension, we will need 6 wheel drive, with the center or middle wheel rocking. We might be able to get away with 2 omni wheels (instead of 4) if they are placed at the heaviest end.
- If we are running our robot forward in the shorter side (widthwise). we will need only 4 wheel drive - 2 omni wheels and 2 high traction
- With the 2017 competition in mind, he suggests having bumpers about 1" off ground
- Suggests that we most likely would be able to have bumper numbers cut out on a vinyl cutter at either PM or BCIT which could then be applied with heat.
- Alternatively, we could contact a sign company who could probably do it in standard vinyl but would utilize adhesive. Or we could spray the numbers on.